Thursday 30 July 2015

12 Tags of Tim Holtz - July 2015

 Hello there
With the clock ticking and the deadline rapidly approaching  I'm here today, hopefully just in time, to share my take on  The 12 tags of Tim Holtz - July 2015. 
Tim's inspiration for this months tag is the 4th of July holiday as he says 'its a time to show gratitude for the USA and embrace the celebration of Independence day.'
Having family and friends in America and been fortunate enough to experience the 4th of July holiday and celebrations I knew I would be creating my tag in much the same way as Tim's (click the link above to see Tim's tag and tutorial)
I chose a text print background paper and adhered it to the tag making sure the word 'Independence' would remain visible on my finished tag. I added a No.4 to a file tab and adhered it in place.
I added some remnant rub stars and Fig. 1,2 and 3 to each of the 3 stamped image panels 
With my sewing machine inaccessible at present I added some faux stitching with a micron pen. 
I attached a tarnished silver word charm with brads to the 'star 'panel as the final touch . 
And  here it is my take on Tim's Tag for July 2015 

I  always enjoy making Tim's tags but I really enjoyed making this one as it brought to mind so many memories of my summers spent in The USA . 
Right, time to get a riddle on and get my tag linked up so thanks ever so much for popping by today and  be sure to have a lovely day 
Until the next time 
take care 
Amanda x


 

 

7 comments:

  1. Oh I like your take on Tim's July tag Amanda. Great job with the coloring. The 4 tab and spirit embellishment is fantastic for this patriotic tag. Love you stars too. Great tag :) -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag is every bit as beautiful as Tim's version - in fact I thought the first photo was Tim's! The colours are gorgeous and I love the way you allowed the word independence to show, that is a lovely touch! Hugs from a soon to be missing for a few days Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely take on the July tag - and lovely to hear how it brought back your happy USA memories.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this tag Amanda! Colours, textures and stamps are fab! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous version Amanda. It's SO professionally done and I think even Tim would be pleased so say he'd created it. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful tag Amanda. Everything is so perfectly coloured and assembled, beautiful work! happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this Amanda, I love American icon stuff if you know what I mean lol. Gorgeous colouring and subtle edges ooo just love it.
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend, hope you are feeling much better. Big hugs to you from The Popster and me xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and for leaving comments . Both are very much appreciated .